End of Semester Summary

When I was signing up for classes last semester, I never imagined that for a majority of the semester, I would be taking them completely online from my home because of a pandemic. When I enrolled in MEDP 160, I had huge hopes to be able to learn the production side of media making. I had never filmed with a camera before, so I was excited to learn how to properly use a camera to film. I had never used a microphone to record audio before, so I was also excited to properly learn how to use a microphone. When COVID-19 hit, I was not able to get the hands-on experience of learning these production tools, but I was still able to learn quite a lot from my experience. I learned that not everything goes as planned and that sometimes you need to rearrange your ideas and your visions. I had big plans for what I wanted to do from this class, I wanted to make a video I was proud of, learn how to edit, learn how to interview someone. Although, I didn’t do it the way I expected to, I learned how to make the most of the situation. I also learned that no matter what is going on you will always have your creativity to help you escape. Being locked inside an apartment for months, with only your family to talk has been exhausting, but being able to escape into the world of my work has been amazing. It has been nice to be able to just block everything out for a few hours and edit my work. Although COVID-19 has been devastating, I am grateful for the lessons that it has taught me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard